Sunday, January 29, 2012

34 Weeks

It was a great week and half with my mom here --- the nursery is close to done and any of the jobs around the house that I wanted to finish before Z gets home were completed.  It was so nice to have the help, and we had plenty of fun, too.  Lots of lunches and dinners out, shopping, and visits with friends.

I've started the countdown to when Z gets here....because it is coming up!  He has a general idea of when it is happening, and I can happily say that he will be here in plenty of time before the due date.  Things are working out better than I expected!  We'll have time to go to the childbirth class together (we're doing one full day instead of multiple evenings) and get a few things finalized around the house.  Most importantly, we'll decide on a name.  :)

I am 34 weeks today!  I am not feeling quite as good as last week --- my heartburn has become an all day thing, and my stomach is feeling very stretched out.   That is all fine though --- that must mean he is really growing!  He is being compared to a durian...has anyone had that type of fruit before?  Most of the foods that they use as comparisons are mysteries to me.    Anyway --- he is between 5 and 6 pounds and 17-19 inches long.   The central nervous system and lungs are almost completely matured and his skin is smoothing out (thanks to his fat layer). If he were born now, he would be okay, but would possibly need a little bit of time in the NICU to get things stable.   I have felt a little bit more pressure than normal, but I don't think it is Braxton Hicks.  I'm hoping I make it full term, and right now that seems very likely.

The shirt I have on here is not maternity, but here is 34 weeks:

34 Weeks

My next doc appointment is this Wednesday and Z's arrival is on the horizon.  Lots of good things are happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment