Tuesday, February 14, 2012

36 Weeks

I missed the 35 week update, but for good reason.  Look who is back....


After my mom left, I spent some time getting things ready around the house --- there was a rumor that he would be coming home sometime during the weekend of Feb. 4-5.  I usually never believe too much until he is in the air (and there was a small situation that came up that was going to possibly delay his arrival by a few days)  but I really had high hopes that this plan would work out.  Lucky for me, it did.   He made it home February 5th.  :)   He took some leave time during this past week so that he could adjust to the time difference and also get a few things done around the house.  The nursery is almost finished now --- we are waiting on some artwork to arrive, and that will be it!  We feel pretty confident with a name, but we've decided not to share it until after he is born.  I'm sure we'll have finished nursery pictures soon, but we'll have to be careful about his name above the crib.  

I am at the 36 week mark, which is hard to believe.  I would like to say that I'm ready, but we have yet to attend the childbirth class.  It is this coming weekend, so I feel pretty confident that we'll make it to that and THEN I will feel more prepared.  Everyone says that even if I didn't take the class, I would do just fine, but I'll feel better going into this experience with a little bit of knowledge.  We went to a breastfeeding class just a few days after Z returned, and that was sure interesting.  He was the only husband there (out of 12 women), which kind of surprised me.  He was a good sport though, and it was nice to have a second set of ears listening to all of the information.  In a frustrating moment, it will be helpful that he will be able to recall the info for me.

I am feeling pretty good for 36 weeks, I think!  I have plenty of energy, the heartburn issue isn't quite as constant, and I'm not starving all of the time (a nice change).   I am starting to feel pretty uncomfortable because he has definitely run out of space....he is shoving elbows and feet where they'll fit!  Z has gotten a kick out of watching my stomach move so much.  Before he left for the deployment there was definitely movement, but it was more just random kicks.  Now it is visible from across the room!  Z is a pretty good dancer, so I'm convinced that this little guy inherited those skills and it trying them out.

36 Weeks

We're getting pretty close!  After this weekend, we'll both be ready any time.  Z will start "baby watch," which basically means that he won't fly for awhile.  How sad would that be to have gotten him home but then have him still miss the birth because he was completing a 10 hour training flight?  They do their best to avoid that situation, and I am quite grateful.  :)    

We're feeling pretty lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment