While I was home with my family in Kansas, I feel like I managed to get a lot of "baby stuff" done. I did some searching for bedding and comparison shopped for other items we will need in the nursery. My mom and I went shopping a few times for baby clothes ---- we had a blast buying things for every age from newborn to 24 months. I love baby girl clothes for their ruffles and pretty details, but baby boy clothing just cracks me up. It all looks like ir belongs in a man's closet, but they are in miniature sizes. The polos and jeans are so funny. My parents gave us a tuxedo for him to wear to a wedding next August, and I can't get over how tiny the bowtie is. I cannot wait to dress this kid.
I went to have a 4D ultrasound done, and it was amazing! We have a DVD of the entire 30 minute session, and we also got a few printed pictures. Baby Boy Franklin had the umbilical cord in front of his face for awhile, so we started poking him to see if he would let go. He actually had a reaction to us bothering him! His face turned pouty like he was going to cry..... I wanted to feel bad about it, but it was too adorable. It is crazy to me that he had a reaction to something he didn't like. He did let go of the cord for a bit, so we got some decent pictures. By the end of the 30 minutes, he had his fists up in front of his face and he was hitting the sonogram probe on my stomach....he had clearly had enough. :) The sonogram tech said that sometimes the 4D makes noses look a little bigger than they really are, so we'll see if that is correct. I love his puffy cheeks and sweet little mouth.
 |
| Our baby boy! |
 |
This is when he started pouting after we poked
him for awhile to move the cord. |
 |
He has his hand up under his chin in this picture.
|
A few days before I left to come back to North Dakota our family friend, Kathy Adams, had a baby shower for me in Kansas City. It was a great way to end my time at home. I got to see a few of our neighbors from Topeka, my aunts and cousins, a few friends that live in Kansas City, and Z's family drove in for it, too. I came back with two great gift cards that were the group gift, and there were also a few ladies that brought individual gifts that afternoon. Just a few things to oooh and ahhh over. It was a great afternoon! I've loved ordering items from our registry with the gift cards!
 |
| The hostess and me :) |
 |
| A few of my friends that were there. |
I am happy to be back in my own house here in ND, but that was a fabulous visit back in Kansas. I have no idea when I'll make it back once we have the kiddo (it will probably be sooner than I even expect), so it was great to see so many friends and family members.
No comments:
Post a Comment