Monday, November 7, 2011

22 Weeks

I know I missed the 21 week mark, but for good reason.....we are back HOME!  We got the word that Z was going to finish up his training mid-week, so we immediately got wrapped up in packing and getting out of there --- by the time I remembered that we needed to take a bump picture, it was just not worth it.

We got out of Louisiana on Wednesday afternoon and made it to Kansas by that evening.  We were able to spend the night at my parents' house, and the next day we traveled to Lawrence for a walk down Mass. Street and lunch at Jefferson's.  We ate there a few times when Z would come visit while I was at KU, so it was a sentimental stop....and Z loves the hot wings.  They make him sweat.   :)    

Hot Wings!

A beautiful day in Lawrence



This past Saturday I was 22 weeks, and I have been feeling great!  It seems strange to me to have so much energy, but I'll take it.  I've been experiencing more kicks from Baby Franklin, but they are still pretty small.  Luckily, the biggest one I had occurred while Z was around, so he was able to feel it, too.  Now that we are back home, we have really focused on getting the nursery done.  We started to clear out our upstairs guest room (soon to be nursery) by moving out the queen size bed --- due to a lack of storage space, we had to "deflate" and box up our Sleep Number bed that we've enjoyed in the master bedroom and put the guest room bed in there.  We're liking it so far though, so it was an okay swap.  We bought some No VOC paint at Menards --- a grey color --- and will soon know if we'll be accenting with blue or pink.  :)  The furniture should arrive next week, and our glider is on its way as well.  We're hoping to have the basics in place before Z is deployed.

Here is the most recent picture.  I had a sweatshirt on and was told that it hid the bump.  This may be my most unflattering photo yet, so I apologize. 

22 Weeks + 2 days


We find out the gender this week, so we'll be posting again soon!   For now, we are so excited to be home.

Even though we know she loved her 8 weeks in Kansas,
we're so happy to have our pretty pup back with us, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment