Zach had survival training on Wednesday night, so when he arrived back home on Thursday night, he was exhausted. Lucky for him, Sam and I were, too. Little man was up all of Wednesday night with a very congested nose, and my day with him on Thursday was rough enough that we took him to a clinic in town to have him checked out. The doc said he has a viral infection (which antibiotics won't help) and he will just have to work though it. When we got home, this happened:
| Sleepy boys |
The weather wasn't the best here. It was pretty chilly, and it rained off and on the entire time; however, it did stop long enough for some friends on base to have a little bonfire on Friday night (and by bonfire, I mean two contained fire pits in the fenced-in backyard). Due to the low temp, Sam and I stayed inside their house while Zach mingled with the folks outdoors. Everyone was wrapped up in comforters, heavy coats, gloves, and hats ---- so I didn't mind the excuse to stay out of the cold. There were smores being made that were brought into me, and plenty of the ladies came in to hang out with us. I think they used Sam as an excuse, too. :)
| Indoors at the bonfire party |
| Road trip! |
| Lunch at Granite City. I crack up every time I see this picture. Sam was clearly starting to have a fit, and no pacifier was going to slow him down. |
| Brief dance party to Hanson's "MmBop" in the mall parking lot. |
| Worn out at the Fargo mall. |
Sunday we spent the day indoors and watched the rain, and Monday we celebrated Memorial Day at a BBQ on base with good friends. It is tough to be so far away from our families during these long weekends, so we feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends here to spend time with. They have been so good to us and love on Sam like he is their own. He will definitely be our little military brat, but he'll have so many people across the country that will love to watch him grow up. :)
Here is a video from this morning. Sam just recently started to focus in on himself in the mirror, and he apparently likes what he sees!
Also, Happy Bachelorette Weekend to my best friend, Jess. I missed her celebration in Denver this weekend, but I'm excited to get to Seattle for her big day in August. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment