Three days to go! Well...probably longer than that. I had my 39 week check yesterday with the doctor, and just as in previous weeks, I have no signs of anything moving along. I am not dilated or effaced, and this time, even the doctor was surprised. She doesn't think he has dropped completely yet --- there has been a little movement, but not enough to indicate that he is thinking of making his debut. Like I've said before, I'm not hoping for him to come early, but the fact that he isn't even "in position" yet makes me a little nervous. I would like to avoid being induced, so I hope there is some natural progression before my 40 week appointment next Tuesday.
I feel pretty good, just uncomfortable. I wake up a lot at night, so I am tired during the day --- but that is just good training for the future. :) At my appointment, the doctor pointed out that I was having Braxton Hicks while she was feeling my stomach, which was news to me! I have felt my stomach getting tight a lot, but I've always thought that was just him moving around into a weird position. I was told otherwise, which made me laugh. So many of my friends have told me that Braxton Hicks can be almost unbearable, but mine are more like unrecognizable. Fine by me. :) That will make the real contractions stand out more when they come........when will that be???
| 39 Weeks +3 days This is a horrible picture, I apologize. It was late in the evening and we were not in the mood to keep taking pictures until we got a decent one. |
As of right now, the plan is for my mom to come up when we are on our way to the hospital. She will be here to assist with the baby for the first few days, and also just be a help around the house as Zach and I try to figure out what we're doing. He gets ten days of paternity leave, so within that time we would like to get my dad and his parents up here, too. It all depends on what day of the week we go to the hospital --- so everyone is having to be on the edge of their seats right now. :) Very exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment