Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful

It seems like the past few years we have traveled during Thanksgiving, but not this time.  After having been in Lousiana for a few months and also knowing Z's upcoming deployment schedule, his family came to us.   We had a very nice Thanksgiving meal -- Z smoked a turkey and a brisket, and I made a few sides and some pies.  We went to the mall on Black Friday just to experience the crowds, but we really spent the majority of the weekend hanging around the house.  It was really nice to not worry about getting back in time for Z...and Mia was on familiar turf for a full weekend of fetch with a new crowd that was willing to play.

Starting the meal
Thanksgiving table as we were sitting down to eat
Desserts and a few other goodies
I snagged this photo from Z's mom's Facebook profile,
but it was a good showing of the group.
On November 26th, I was 25 weeks!  It seems like this pregnancy is flying by.  People keep asking me how I am feeling, and I have to say that I have no complaints.  I have no additional aches or pains, no swollen ankles, no heartburn or upset stomach, and most of the time I have quite a bit of energy.  I get out of breath putting my shoes on --- but that seems normal at this point.  :)  I keep waiting for the day that I'll wake up feeling uncomfortable, but that hasn't happened yet.  I've been really lucky.

At 25 weeks, Baby Boy Franklin is being compared to the size of an eggplant.  If we could see him, we would be able to see the color and texture of his hair, and also see that he's gaining his baby fat.  His wrinkled skin is beginning to smooth out, and he can definitely hear everything going on around him.  He has been really active, but lucky for me, it is only when I am awake.  Z got to feel a few more big kicks before he left, which was good.  We still don't know when Z will be back.

25 Weeks 
The morning he left.

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment