Saturday, December 10, 2011

27 Weeks

Things have been busy since Z left, which is good.  I need the distractions.

I've had a couple of farewell dinners for girls that are moving to different bases soon, a few events with the Officers Spouse Club such as socials and meetings, and I also helped out with the local Airman Cookie Drive.  I baked about 15 dozen cookies for donation.  Those cookies were joined with about 1600 dozen other cookie batches from citizens around the city and on base.  We spent a day putting a dozen different cookies into bags decorated by school kids to give to the airmen that are not allowed to go home for Christmas.  It got me into the holiday spirit a little more.

I missed the 26 week post, but I wanted to wait until after the doctor appointment I had this past Tuesday.  Everything was great!  She didn't do an ultrasound, but we listened to a strong heartbeat --- he even gave a big kick when she was listening to him.  I am 27 weeks now and baby boy is being compared to an eggplant (weeks 25-28).  His eyes are forming, he is working on creating his immune system, and his capillaries are giving a nice pinky glow to his skin.  Hopefully he doesn't take after me with the fair skin...we'll have to buy stock in sunscreen.   He has been very active, most often in the morning and right before I go to sleep.  I haven't been sleeping very well --- so when I am awake in the middle of the night with a fast heart beat, it seems like he thinks I am awake for the day.  Dance party!  It makes it a little more difficult to fall back asleep with him moving around, but thats okay.  Can't complain about that!  :)

This picture is a little dark --- it is difficult to get a good one when your photographer isn't around!

27 Weeks
One of my distractions was the baby shower that was given for us today.  It was hosted by my friends Julia, Rachele, and Michelle (other military spouses).  It was such a fun gathering.  They went to so much effort --- the food was delicious, the decorations and party favors were adorable, and they just did a great job.  I was grateful for all of the people that came.  Here are a few pics to show the fun afternoon.

Delicious food 
Amazing flavor filled cupcakes
Punch and "Baby Bump Cookie" party favors.
We played the game where you pass around unlabeled
baby food and you have to guess what kind of food it is based
on the smell.  I was completely grossed out. 

One of the gifts that my mom sent was a whole box full of
Kansas Jayhawks gear for the baby.  Julia (the shower was at her house)
 is a big Texas Longhorns fan, so we trash talk each others team from time to time.
She said shewould still hold the kiddo though, even if he was in KU gear.  :)

Diaper cake!
'
Me with the hostesses: Julia, Michelle, and Rachele
It was a great afternoon spent with wonderful friends and filled with lots of goodies to spoil our little boy.

Z is doing well.  He made it safely to his place of deployment and is getting in the groove of his work there. We are back to our days of relying on Skype for communication, and even though it would clearly just be better to have him home, we feel so lucky to have the ability to talk and see each other.   No word on when he'll be back yet, but we both have high hopes.  :)   Continue to keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment