Sunday, October 9, 2011

Playing Catch Up...Already.

I had a feeling this was going to happen.  I introduced the fact that I was going to try blogging again, and here I am....weeks later with no posts and not even a hint as to what our new adventure is.  Off to a great start, wouldn't you say?  

In an attempt to move things along, I'll skip the cute announcement and just share the news that Z and I are expecting our first baby.   :)   We have known since early July, but we waited to tell our parents until late July while we were on vacation together --- we were out on an evening boat ride with them and had announcement presents -- an Air Force onesie for his parents and a Kansas Jayhawks onesie for mine.  Both couples had an idea it was coming because of the gifts, but they were all still so excited.  This will be the first grandchild for both sides of the family.   

The first doctor appointment told the due date, so then we started telling siblings, grandparents, and close friends.  Everyone was pretty surprised, but the reactions from our siblings were just the best.   We asked a similar question to each of them...for example..."So, come March, do you want to be called Uncle Tim or do you have something else you like better?"   It took each of them a few seconds to piece together what that might mean, and then they each responded in their own enthusiastic way.   It is great to have other people just as excited and anxious about this as we are.    This kid is going to have a really awesome set of grandparents, aunts, and uncles.        :)

I'm 18 weeks now and sort of starting to show.  Here is a quick catch up of two baby bump pictures and a little pregnancy tracker list that I have seen other people do.  I wrote each of them during that week, so they are accurate...just late.  

16 Weeks
Z took this picture and,
lets be honest folks, I just look chunky

16 Weeks – September 24
How far along: 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: No scale around here….which is fine by me.

Maternity clothes: Nope, but my extra small sized shirts aren’t hiding a thing.

Stretch marks?: No

Sleep: Good – I only have one bathroom break a night around 4:00 am, which isn’t too surprising.  I drink water all day long.

Best moment this week: Spending some afternoons with the hubby

Movement: Nothing yet

Food cravings: Fruit cups and anything cheese...can't stand chicken and red onions.
                                                                          
Gender: Ahhh we’re dying to know!

What I miss: Real sushi…although I don’t mind a good cucumber avocado roll.  ☺

Milestones: First preggo pic!


17 Weeks
In a maternity shirt
17 Weeks – October 1
How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: No scale here….but the bump is apparently more noticeable than I thought because I get comments on it.

Maternity clothes: I'm at home in Kansas this week, so I bought a few things while out shopping with mom.  I'm wearing the shirts, which are much more comfortable than my regular ones.

Stretch marks?: Nope

Sleep: Great!

Best moment this week: Buying maternity clothes

Movement: Unsure….I don’t know what it feels like…so probably not quite yet.

Food cravings: Fruit cups.  Still cannot do chicken and red onions….and plain veggies sure aren’t appealing…which is weird for me.  I used to eat broccoli and carrots for a snack everyday.

Gender: Waiting….waiting….

What I Miss: Being drawn to healthy foods.  I’m super bummed that plain ‘ol carrots aren't appetizing.

Milestones: Wearing maternity clothes? Is that a milestone?


I've been in Lousiana with Z since the start of September.  The last few weeks I've been visiting up in Kansas and also took a short trip back to ND for my second doc appointment.  Once I have my 18 week picture uploaded, I'll update in another post.  Things are happy, healthy, and moving along as hoped!

xo,
b





No comments:

Post a Comment