This week was really a lot of fun!
On Monday evening we ordered our nursery furniture! We saw the crib and dresser/changer at a small baby boutique here in Louisiana, but they wouldn't ship out of town. We found the furniture on a website and ordered it there....and the company was nice enough to hold the ship date until we give them the okay that we're done with Louisiana and are headed back up north. We should be able to start painting the nursery and assembling the furniture shortly after we get back, which means we'll be able to check that off the list of things to get done before the deployment comes. We're really excited!
We spent our Saturday and Sunday in Dallas to do a little bit shopping, a LOT of eating, and also some baby registering. I was kind of nervous about it, because even though we've gotten a lot of great suggestions, we still didn't really know what we were doing. Those baby stores have so many choices that it is just overwhelming. In two days, we spent a good hour and 45 minutes in the stroller aisle alone testing out two of them. I wish I would have taken a picture of my dear husband testing out the handles, wheel radius, storage compartments, safety locks, cushions, shade canopies....and of course, making sure our final choice was able to easily pop a wheeley. :) Actually, we still have no large items on our registry yet, but we figure we have time. We really had a blast though (and we're still taking suggestions!).
On our way out of town, we stopped at a maternity shop for me to get some jeans. The hair tie extension closure at the top of my jeans with the Bella Band on top of it is just not doing the trick anymore. I'm paranoid all day about whether or not people can see that my pants are actually undone...so I'm moving forward to elastic waistbands. Z won the World's Best Husband Award that day as he so very patiently walked around the store with me, and then sat in a chair outside of my dressing room waiting to see if I needed him to go get something else. Just to freak him out, I put on the stomach cushion that they have in the dressing rooms that shows the size of a 7 month belly....which on top of my 19 weeks belly really made for a dramatic look! He still brought me back to Lousiana with him, so I guess it was more of a freak out to me.
It was such a nice weekend. :) Here is an update picture:
No comments:
Post a Comment