Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Labor Day

I know I've done this backwards because Sam turned 6 months after Labor Day, but oh well.  

We traveled to Minneapolis during Labor Day weekend, which was pretty neat, because Zach and I had never been there before.  His sister lives there, so his parents came up, too....it was a nice little family vacation!  

Zach's sister had a lot of different areas that she wanted to show us, so I feel like we really saw the city.  Parts of it reminded me of Kansas City, which was unexpected, and some parts kind of resembled Seattle.  I think it was all of the lakes.  Anyway --- we met a few of her friends, and a saw a couple of the places that she spends her days.  We also (of course) spent a day at the Mall of America.  It is a pretty impressive building, but I have to say, it wasn't as overwhelming as people make it out to be.  It is much, much larger than any Galleria I've been to (those usually feel large to me), but the layout seemed very easy to navigate.  They kind of clustered certain types of stores together so there would be one hall that we would end up spending a lot of time in, and others that we just breezed through because the stores were of no interest to anyone in our group.   It will be fun to take Sam back when he is a little older --- we didn't go the aquarium that they have there, but I'm sure he will enjoy it in a few years.  Also, a few of those rides looked pretty entertaining.  It would be neat to have something like that to go to when it is - 40 degrees up here.   :)

Sam did very well on the plane rides, slept like a champ in the hotel Pack N Play, and rarely fussed during the entire trip.  He really loves observing, so I think he was just captivated by all of the new things.  Plus we had plenty of arms that wanted to be holding him.  :)   

Here are some pics!

Piano playing with Grandi
At an old flour mill by the Farmer's Market

Checking out Legos already
I predict there will be a Lego Land at our house sooner
than I think



I tried posting a video on the 6 month blog of him
sitting up so well on the hotel room bed --- but it doesn't
seem to want to load correctly.  Sorry!




No comments:

Post a Comment