February!
Sam had a Valentine's Day party at Parents' Day Out, which was so darn cute.
A bunch of two-year-olds handing out treats to each other?
I loved it.
I found the card online (it says "I Dig You" with a construction truck on it) from Paging Supermom. I got some heart bags and shovels from the Dollar Store and we put in an organic apple juice box, Toy Story stickers, organic lollipops, and some squishy/bouncy ball thing. He was quite excited to be handing out shovels to his friends.
Here are some pictures from before school. The party was a few days before Valentine's Day since he only goes one day a week.
![]() |
| He wanted to hold the entire bag, but made this "this bag is way too heavy for me" face right away. |
The next day, we went to a Valentine's Day party at a neighbor's house. It was a group of kids and moms from the neighborhood….we had snacks, did crafts, and even managed to get a full group picture after MANY attempts. We were wrangling kids for about 30 minutes.
By the time we got to the real day, I'm sure he was over the pink-red-heart theme, but oh well.
I didn't write down really anything from this month except that we did a lot of cooking….interesting detail to document.
Sam and I went to Topeka on a Wednesday night (which is why Zach couldn't go) to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday. We surprised him, which made it that much more fun. Dad was in watching tv and Sam quietly came around the corner and waited for my dad to look over.
![]() |
| Cake with Papa |
We spent a lot of time at home because we had painters and carpet guys here finishing the basement, so it was a pretty low-key month. He continues to talk more and more every day…words, phrases, songs, opinions that we sometimes don't even know where they came from. Lots of imaginary play (toys talking to one another, toys talking to him)
| I asked him what he was making and he said "I'm makin' roast beef." ? Weird. |
![]() |
| The family next door to us have FIVE girls all under the age of ten years old. They have a trampoline in their backyard, so he occasionally will supervise from our back window…. :) |
| The carpet guys had JUST left, and we were determined to let Sam run around in the basement before nap. It is still very much a work in progress…but we are getting closer! |













Great update, Beth! I check your blog every day and am so thrilled when there is a new post! He is so precious and so BIG!
ReplyDelete